We are looking for a Strategic Purchaser to our customer Leica Geosystems, Machine Control Division.
The company is a part of the Hexagon
Group, who is a global leader in sensor, software,
and autonomous technologies, committed to empowering an autonomous future.
Leica Geosystems, who is among the top companies in the world within their field, has established themselves as a global leader within machine control technology and delivers innovative solutions to the heavy construction industry. The portfolio include comprehensive end-to-end solutions for heavy construction workflows and machine control applications.
The Machine Control Division’s headquarter is in Odense, Denmark and has 125 employees. In addition, the division has offices in Sweden, Switzerland and Australia
You will be located in our divisional headquarter in Odense, Denmark, domestic and international travel is only required for this role at a moderate level.
The Strategic Purchaser will be reporting to the Strategic Prochurement Manager as part of the Product Management organization, and will work closely with both the entire organization internally, and suppliers externally.
The purpose of this role is to drive the processes/tasks/projects and key processes such as cost reduction, supplier commodity consolidation projects, supplier approval and target dialogue with the entire organization.
The ideal candidate has a relevant background within purchasing, preferably within the electronic component market. You are experienced within SAP, Microsoft Office suite and preferably experienced from a similar position, and most importantly you are triggered by international procurement and supplier collaboration.
As you get involved cross-organizationally, project participation skills and the ability to ensure systematics and methodology around the overall procurement processes are preferred.
The Strategic Purchaser has the ability to work independently, be self-driven and motivated by procurement and by taking the lead. You communicate and navigate effectively with all relevant stakeholders internally as well as externally and can create long-term relationships.
You have great interpersonal skills, speak fluent Danish and are proficient in English, other languages is a bonus. Communication skills are very important, ranging from the dialogue with colleagues, suppliers and stakeholders.
Important parts of the job will be:
- Optimization and streamlining of procurement processes, tools and methods
- Follow up on expected deliveries, and plan and secure purchasing of products at the right time, quality and quantity
- Handling of supplier deviations, audits and quality assurance
- Ensuring sourcing strategies and collaboration agreements with suppliers
- Benchmarking the supplier portfolio based on KPI’s for supplier performance, and help out our EMS suppliers searching for alternatives, when components are hard to get
- Ensure logistical parameters for optimal purchasing management and optimal use of existing systems – both ERP and BI
- Commercial education, strategic level experience 5+ years, procurement experience 2+ years
- Fluent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and SAP (ERP systems)
- Fluent Danish and English (verbal and written) is a pre-requisite. Additional languages (e.g. German) would be viewed favorably
- Ability to work pro-actively and ability to make decisions
- Ability to rapidly acquire knowledge and experience on new technologies
- Knowledge of IATF16949 and having worked in the automotive industry will be beneficial
Words that describes you would be: communicating, proactive, self-driven and great interpersonal skills with ability to interface at all levels/functions.
You will have a unique opportunity to become part of the Hexagon group with over 21,000 employees in 50 countries - a global network of brilliant minds who demonstrate the highest degree of commitment and service to customers worldwide. Hexagon is the parent company of brands such as Leica Geosystems, AGTEK, and other leading solutions in the construction industry.
Joining an innovative and global company, you are offered a friendly working atmosphere and a constructive working environment.
Interviews will be held ongoing and candidates are advised to send their applications as soon as possible
Lone Kaalund Døjbak
Headhunter and Partner
Mobil: +45 53 60 35 05